From: Stolte, Felix <f.stolte@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2022 4:20 AM
To: Dan van der Ster
Cc: ceph-users@xxxxxxx
Subject:  Re: osd set-require-min-compat-client

Check twice before you click! This email originated from outside PNNL.

Hi Dan,

thanks for your reply. I wasn’t worried about the setting itself, but about the balancer starting to use the pg-upmap feature (which currently fails, because of the jewel setting). I would assume though, that the balancer is using pg-upmap in a throttled way to avoid performance issues.

I will execute the command on the weekend, just to be safe.

Best regards
Felix

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDir Volker Rieke
Dr. Astrid Lambrecht, Prof. Dr. Frauke Melchior