What to expect on rejoining a host to cluster?

Hi all,

 I have had a host with 16 OSDs, each 14TB in capacity that started having
hardware issues causing it to crash.  I took this host down 2 weeks ago,
and the data rebalanced to the remaining 11 server hosts in the Ceph
cluster over this time period.

 My initial goal was to then remove the host completely from the cluster
with `ceph osd rm XX` and `ceph osd purge XX` (Adding/Removing OSDs — Ceph
Documentation
<https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/rados/operations/add-or-rm-osds/>).
However, I found that after the large amount of data migration from the
recovery, that the purge and removal from the crush map for an OSDs still
required another large data move.  It appears that it would have been a
better strategy to assign a 0 weight to an OSD to have only a single larger
data move instead of twice.

 I'd like to join the downed server back into the Ceph cluster.  It still
has 14 OSDs that are listed as out/down that would be brought back online.
My question is what can I expect if I bring this host online?  Will the
OSDs of a host that has been offline for an extended period of time and out
of the cluster have PGs that are now quite different or inconsistent?  Will
this be problematic?

 Thanks for any advice,
   Matt

--