Re: CephFS performance

In addition to not having resiliency by default, my recollection is
that BeeGFS also doesn't guarantee metadata durability in the event of
a crash or hardware failure like CephFS does. There's not really a way
for us to catch up to their "in-memory metadata IOPS" with our
"on-disk metadata IOPS". :(

If that kind of cached performance is your main concern, CephFS is
probably not going to make you happy.

That said, if you've been happy using CephFS with hard drives and
gigabit ethernet, it will be much faster if you store the metadata on
SSD and can increase the size of the MDS cache in memory. More
specific tuning options than that would depend on your workload.
-Greg