From: Thilo-Alexander Ginkel <thilo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2022 10:21 AM
To: Casey Bodley
Cc: ceph-users@xxxxxxx
Subject:  Re: Configuring rgw connection timeouts

Check twice before you click! This email originated from outside PNNL.

Hello Casey,

On Thu, Nov 17, 2022 at 6:52 PM Casey Bodley <cbodley@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> it doesn't look like cephadm supports extra frontend options during
> deployment. but these are stored as part of the `rgw_frontends` config
> option, so you can use a command like 'ceph config set' after
> deployment to add request_timeout_ms

unfortunately that doesn't really seem to work as cephadm is setting the
config on a service instance level (e.g., client.rgw.rgw.ceph-5.yjgdea), so
we can't simply override this on a higher hierarchical level. In addition,
we deploy multiple rgw instances per node (to better utilize available
resources) which get assigned different HTTP(S) ports by cephadm so they
can coexist on the same host.

Regards,
Thilo