Cluster Migration VS Newly Spun up from scratch cephadm Cluster

We recently elected to rebuild a cluster from bottom up ( move all data off
and move back ).  I used cephadm to create the new cluster and then compared
it with another cluster of similar size that had been migrated/adopted into
cephadm.  I see lots of differences.  I gather this is due to the adoption
process, but I cant find any information on "finishing" the adoption process
in a way that makes the two indistinguishable.

When I add new drives on the rebuilt cluster ( say cluster A ), as soon as
the drive populates in the OS, the cluster picks it up and adds it.  On the
migrated cluster( say cluster B, the drive just sits there until I manually
add it.  I had to manually create all the crash, performance, alert and
node-exporter services on Cluster B.  They were already on and setup on
Cluster A.  I just used labels to deploy them for placement and * for
node/crash.   On cluster B, it shows the osd service as unmanaged and when I
add new hosts, it creates a service for each host e.g.
"osd.dashboard-cephdashboard-randomnumbershere" with the host name in the
placement field.  Why wouldn't the import process create one server and mark
it so that all osds are included instead of saying unmanaged ( did I miss
something ? ).

The other thing I have had an issue with was that the imported monitors seem
to be unstable.  The only way to fix them is to delete the assignment and
then kill any containers left that stay running ( had this happen for the
mon and mgr's on two imported servers ).  The imported nodes were fighting
for control of the mgr primary, I figured this out after half the disks in
the cluster were marked as out/down when I rebooted the two mon/mgr nodes
during a ram upgrade of the esxi hosts.  We were cycling through each esxi
server they are spread across.  I had to halt the ram upgrade while the
cluster was fixed.  After the rebuild, the instances are no longer fighting
for control.  The only way to get a handle on the situation was keep the two
adopted nodes offline till I could kill their instance rights in the ceph
dashboard ( probably could have done it via command too ).

The last item is an odd one, because the grafana server is a different node
than the mgr, all the performance graphs show an page error on cluster B.
In cluster A, it's also on a different node, but the pages show.  For
cluster B, I have to navigate to the grafana server directly in the browser
and accept the certificate risk in order to get the graphs to show up.  I
would imagine a valid cert would fix this, but I don't see any information
in injecting that into the container ( maybe my googlefu is failing me ).  I
know how to do it on docker/podman with container start up ymls.

Thoughts?  Is there a good guide out there for doing an adoption and fully
flushing out all the settings to best practices?  Assuming the cephadm spin
up script is using best practices.

Regards,

-Brent

Existing Clusters:

Test: Quincy 17.2.3 ( all virtual on nvme )

US Production(HDD): Octopus 15.2.16 with 11 osd servers, 3 mons, 4 gateways,
2 iscsi gateways

UK Production(HDD): Nautilus 14.2.22 with 18 osd servers, 3 mons, 4
gateways, 2 iscsi gateways

US Production(SSD): Quincy 17.2.3 Cephadm with 6 osd servers, 5 mons, 4
gateways

UK Production(SSD): Quincy 17.2.3 cephadm with 7 osd servers, 5 mons, 4
gateways