Re: Best practice for removing failing host from cluster?

On 10.11.22 03:19, Matt Larson wrote:

Should I use `ceph orch osd rm XX` for each of the OSDs of this host
or should I set the weights of each of the OSDs as 0?  Can I do this while
the host is offline, or should I bring it online first before setting
weights or using `ceph orch osd rm`?

I would set all OSDs of this host to "out" first.
This way the cluster still knows about them and is able to utilize them when doing the data movement to the other OSDs.

After they are really empty you can purge them and remove the host from the cluster.

Regards
--
Robert Sander
Heinlein Support GmbH

Tel: 030-405051-43
Fax: 030-405051-19

Zwangsangaben lt. §35a GmbHG:
HRB 93818 B / Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg,
Geschäftsführer: Peer Heinlein  -- Sitz: Berlin