Re: scanning RGW S3 bucket contents

Hi David,
Using bucket notifications sounds like the right approach here. One option
with the policy would be to move the suspicious objects to a quarantine
bucket, so they are not lost in case of false positives, but not harmful
either.
I did something similar, but with inline processing using Lua scripting,
see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57-gHFuVb7M

The script itself does the routing of the object to the quarantine bucket,
and the suspicious object never reaches the original bucket. The downside
with this approach is that you would need to find a virus scanner in lua
(or at least wrapped with lua) and that it might slow down the upload
process, as everything is done inline.
Note that the bigger value of using the inline approach is if you want to
scan objects that are downloaded from the system - a case where bucket
notifications won't help.

Yuval