Re: RBD and Ceph FS for private cloud

Hi,

as always the answer is "it depends". Our company uses the ceph cluster for all three protocols. We have an openstack cluster (rbd) and use cephfs for work and home directories, and radosgw for k8s backups. And we don't face any performance issues. I'd recommend to give cephfs a try, no need to add a gateway inbetween as a potential bottleneck, unless any policies require so.

Regards,
Eugen

Zitat von Mevludin Blazevic <mblazevic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi all,

i am planning to set up on my ceph cluster an RBD pool for virtual machines created on my Cloudstack environment. In parallel, a Ceph FS pool should be used as a secondary storage for VM snapshots, ISOs etc. Are there any performance issues when using both RBD and CephFS or is it better to use a separate NFS server? Moreover, when setting up Ceph NFS using ceph orch, only one host is "registered" from which i can mount the Ceph FS. Should I use more than one host (e.g high-availability nfs)? Any suggestions?

Best,

Mevludin