Re: large omap objects in the .rgw.log pool

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for getting back to me, the post you sent was helpful although
the log in that post was usage log and there aren't the same options for
the sync error log.

I understand that I can get rid of the warning by increasing the
threshold but I would really like to get rid of the old data if possible.

The sync error log is full of errors from buckets that have since been
deleted and the sync errors are over 2 years old. Trimming the sync error
log does nothing.

>From everything I've read this is an issue with having a multisite
configuration and removing buckets doesn't clear previous data properly
https://www.spinics.net/lists/ceph-devel/msg45359.html

I already knew this as in I have been manually deleting metadata and index
data for buckets a while after clearing them of objects and deleting the
bucket itself (but making note of the bucket id to use in the later
commands)

I have found this command to get object ids in the sync error log related
to the deleted buckets

radosgw-admin sync error list | jq  '.[0].entries[] |
select(.name|test("^company-report-images.")) | .id'

but I don't know how to get rid of them and I really don't want to screw up
the whole setup by deleting the wrong thing.