Dashboard device health info missing

Looking at the device health info for the OSDs in our cluster sometimes shows "No SMART data available".  This appears to only occur for SCSI type disks in our cluster. ATA disks have their full health SMART data displayed, but the non-ATA do not.

The actual SMART data (JSON formatted) is returned by the mgr, though because it is formatted differently I suspect the dashboard UI doesn't know how to interpret it.  This is misleading, at the least it could display the "output" section for each device so that the viewer can interpret it even if the dashboard doesn't know how to.

Is this a known bug?   We would like to have SMART data for all of our devices if possible.