Re: Quincy 22.04/Jammy packages

On Tue, Oct 18, 2022 at 8:22 AM Reed Dier <reed.dier@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Curious if there is a timeline for when quincy will start getting packages
> for Ubuntu Jammy/22.04.
> It looks like quincy started getting builds for EL9 with 17.2.4, and now
> with the 17.2.5 there are still only bullseye and focal dists available.
>
> Canonical is publishing a 17.2.0 build in jammy-updates, but obviously
> this lags the upstream releases by a decent margin.
>
> Hoping non-cephadm won’t be left in the dark.

+1
The OpenStack community is interested in this as well. We're trying to move
all our ubuntu testing to Ubuntu Jammy/22.04 [1]; and we consume packages
from download.ceph.com.

While we're adopting cephadm, a lot of OpenStack and Ceph deployers still
use other installers, and so the OpenStack CI system has had a barebones
install-from-package mechanism [2] that we use for our integration testing
with services like OpenStack Manila, Cinder, Glance and Nova.

[1] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/migrate-to-jammy
[2] https://opendev.org/openstack/devstack-plugin-ceph

--
Goutham