Re: Temporary shutdown of subcluster and cephfs

Hi Dan,

I know that "fs fail ..." is not ideal, but we will not have time for a clean "fs down true" and wait for journal flush procedure to complete (on our cluster this takes at least 20 minutes, which is way too long). My question is more along the lines 'Is an "fs fail" destructive?', that is, will an FS come up again after

- fs fail
- fs set <fs_name> joinable true

The alternative is just a power-off without consideration to anything. Of course we try to get many FS clients unmounted before that, but there is no time to wait for anything that takes too long. I need a fast (unclean yet recoverable) procedure. Maybe data in flight gets lost, but the FS itself must come up healthy again.

Any hints on how to do this? Also for the MON store log size problem?

Thanks and best regards,
Frank Schilder
AIT Risø Campus
Bygning 109, rum S14