Noob install: "rbd pool init" stuck

Dear all,

I am deploying a Ceph system for the first time.

I have 3 servers where I intend to install 1 manager, 1 mon and 12 OSDs in each.

Since they are used in production already, I selected a single machine to begin deployment, but got stuck when creating rbd pools.

The host OS is Centos 7, and cephadm allowed me to install Octopus.

These are the commands I have issued so far:

./cephadm add-repo --release octopus
./cephadm install ceph-common
cephadm bootstrap --mon-ip "X.X.X.X" # edited for privacy, real IP used.
ceph orch daemon add osd darkside2:/dev/sdb

This latest add command was repeated 12 times, once for each block device to be added to Ceph storage.

ceph osd pool create lgcmUnsafe 128 128

Until here, everything seemed fine, no error messages on journalctl or on /var/log/ceph/cephadm.log. I have run ceph status after each command and the output seemed consistent.

This command, though, gets stuck forever, with no error or warning message anywhere:

rbd pool init lgcmUnsafe

I have canceled the command with ctrl+c and issued ceph status. This is the output:

  cluster:
    id:     1902a026-496d-11ed-b43e-08c0eb320ec2
    health: HEALTH_WARN
            Reduced data availability: 128 pgs inactive
            Degraded data redundancy: 128 pgs undersized

  services:
    mon: 1 daemons, quorum darkside2 (age 19h)
    mgr: darkside2.umccvh(active, since 19h)
    osd: 12 osds: 12 up (since 19h), 12 in (since 4d); 1 remapped pgs

  data:
    pools:   2 pools, 129 pgs
    objects: 13 objects, 0 B
    usage:   12 GiB used, 175 TiB / 175 TiB avail
    pgs:     99.225% pgs not active
             26/39 objects misplaced (66.667%)
             128 undersized+peered
             1   active+clean+remapped

Could someone more knowledgeable help me debug this, please? Thanks in advance!

Cordially,
Renata.