Balancing MDS services on multiple hosts

Another shot, company mail server did something special...

I deployed a small cluster for testing/deploying CephFS with cephadm. I was wondering if it's possible to balance the active and standby daemons on hosts.

The service configuration:
service_type: mds
service_id: test-fs
service_name: mds.test-fs
placement:
  count: 4
  hosts:
  - host1.example.com
  - host2.example.com

Commands used to create filesystem:
ceph fs volume create test-fs
ceph fs set test-fs max_mds 2

After the creation of the filesystem and setting the service configuration, an active and a standby service where deployed on each node.
But after a reboot of host2, the active services where all hosted on host1 and all standby services where hosted on host2. This didn't change.

It would be great if after a while the active services would be distributed evenly over the available hosts. Is it possible to achieve this at the moment (automatically or manually)?

Thanks,
Sake