Re: 1 OSD laggy: log_latency_fn slow; heartbeat_map is_healthy had timed out after 15

Hi Michel,

Are you sure there isn't a hardware problem with the disk? E.g. maybe you
have SCSI timeouts in dmesg or high ioutil with iostat?

Anyway I don't think there's a big risk related to draining and stopping
the osd. Just consider this a disk failure, which can happen at any time
anyway.

Start by marking it out. If there are still too many slow requests or laggy
PGs, try setting primary affinity to zero.
And if that still doesn't work, I wouldn't hesitate to stop that sick osd
so objects backfill from the replicas

(We had a somewhat similar issue today, btw .. some brand of SSDs
occasionally hangs IO across a whole SCSI bus when failing. Stopping the
osd revives the rest of the disks on the box).

Cheers, Dan