Re: Inherited CEPH nightmare

Hi Tino,

Am 07.10.22 um 16:56 schrieb Tino Todino:
I know some of these are consumer class, but I'm working on replacing these.

This would be your biggest issue. SSD performance can vary drastically.
Ceph needs "multi-use" enterprise SSDs, not read-optimized consumer ones.

All 4 hosts are set as Monitors

Remove one of the MONs. There has to be an odd number of MONs in the cluster.

I also think the DB/WAL should be on dedicated disks or partitions, but have no idea what procedure to follow to do this.

You only use dedicated devices for DB and WAL if these are faster than the data devices. You don't have that. Keep DB and WAL on the data devices, makes operations easier.

Regards
--
Robert Sander
Heinlein Consulting GmbH

http://www.heinlein-support.de

Tel: 030 / 405051-43
Fax: 030 / 405051-19

Zwangsangaben lt. §35a GmbHG:
HRB 220009 B / Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg,