Re: OSD crashes during upgrade mimic->octopus

On 10/6/22 13:55, Frank Schilder wrote:
Hi Igor,

it has the SSD OSDs down, the HDD OSDs are running just fine. I don't want to make a bad situation worse for now and wait for recovery to finish. The inactive PGs are activating very slowly.

By the way, there are 2 out of 4 OSDs up in the replicated 4(2) pool. Why are PGs even inactive here? This "feature" is new in octopus, I reported it about 2 months ago as a bug. Testing with mimic I cannot reproduce this problem: https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/56995

Do you mean: 4 replicas, of which 2 are UP? The CRUSH rule in the tracker indicates min_size=3. What are your settings according to min_size for this pool? If it's min_size=3 it's correctly marking them as inactive AFAICT.

Gr. Stefan