Re: How does client get the new active ceph-mgr endpoint when failover happens?

Den tors 6 okt. 2022 kl 10:40 skrev Zhongzhou Cai <zhongzhoucai@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi folks,
> I have ceph-mgr bootstrapped on three nodes, and they are running in HA.
> When the active mgr node goes down, it will failover to one of the
> standbys. I'm wondering if there is a way for the client to be aware of the
> leadership change and connect to the new active mgr? Do I need to set up
> something like haproxy in front of the ceph-mgr daemons?

No, I think the mgr you connect to will send the client to the active
one if it is passive.
In the very beginning you needed an internal LB, but this was long ago.

"By default, the standby modules will answer incoming requests with a
HTTP redirect to the active manager, allowing users to point their
browser at any mgr node and find their way to an active mgr."
from https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/mgr/administrator/