questions about rgw gc max objs and rgw gc speed in general

 Hi,

 We have  a system running Ceph Pacific with  a large number of delete requests (several hundred thousands files per day) and I'm investigating how can I increase the gc speed to keep up with our deletes (right now there are 44 millions of objects in the gc list).

 I changed max_concurrent_io to 40 ,  rgw_gc_max_trim_chunk to 1024,   rgw_gc_processor_max_time to 300,  rgw_gc_processor_period to 300 , rgw_gc_obj_min_wait to 300, rgw_gc_max_objs to 1000 but I managed only to stall the increase of the gc queue.

I'm curious about these parameters :

- if I understand the docs correctly, gc_max_objs = maximum number of objects that may be handled by garbage collection in one garbage collection processing cycle.  Soif the gc cycle is set to 5 minutes => for every 24 hours we have 288 cycles =>  the max number of objects that can be deleted by gc for ever 24 hours is 288 * 1000 = 288000 ?  If so, this is the total number per cluster or per rgw instance (we have 30 rgw containers on different machines) ?

- 44 millions of objects in gc list => this means that we have ~160TB in the garbage queue considering one object = 4MB ?

- how can I increase the gc speed beyond the current speed ?  my current settings are quite aggresive already

- is the process of increasing the pg_num/pgp_num impacting the gc speed ?  I'm asking because we are doing that for several weeks, manually increasing the pg_num in small steps

Thanks.