Re: Using cloudbase windows RBD / wnbd with pre-pacific clusters

Hi,

From what I recall, we did try a Pacific Windows client with a Nautilus cluster and it seemed to work fine. New Ceph versions might introduce non-backwards compatible changes, so I think the consensus is that it *might* work but it's not something that's being tested or supported.

Getting back to your error, we recently fixed some rbd deadlocks caused by a faulty mingw shared mutex implementation. We've just updated the MSIs [2], including other fixes as well. Please give it another try and let me know if the issue persists.

Regards,

Lucian

[1] https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/47492

[2] https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/47492