Public RGW access without any LB in front?

Hi,
does someone got experience with having the RGW daemons directly handling
the public traffic, without any LB or so in front?

We are thinking to ditch the HAproxy. It handles SSL termination, load
balancing (only RR) and stuff like this, but because of the nature of the
setup we only get 6-8 GBit traffic through it.

Then we thought to put the HAProxy directly on RGW hosts (which are also
mon, mgr and OSD hosts) and hope to get more bandwidth through it (remove
one network hop, more power than some virtualized VM).

And now we are discussing just to remove the haproxy, and have the RGW
processes handle it directly.
I am a bit scared this might be a bad idea (can it handle SSL updates well,
without killing active connections? Does nonlocal bind work and we move IP
adresses between the three hosts via keepalived? How good is it handling
bad HTTP request, sent by an attacker?)

Does someone got experience with it and can share some insights?

Cheers
 Boris

--
Die Selbsthilfegruppe "UTF-8-Probleme" trifft sich diesmal abweichend im
groüen Saal.