Re: Wrong size actual?

I’m glad you tried it on a test system. I’ve not heard of any issues with rgw-orphan-list and I’m aware of it being used successfully on very large clusters.

It is vital that you provide the correct pool for the data objects. The reason why is that the tool works by:

	a. Generating a list of all rados objects reachable by the bucket index
	b. Generating a list of all rados objects in the data pool
	c. Subtracting the step a. list from the step b. list

So you can see that if you list the wrong pool in step b. the list you get in step c. will be misleading and removing those objects will be very problematic (to say the least). That’s in part why I said “after verification” in my previous message.

Eric
(he/him)