Re: Splitting net into public / cluster with containered ceph

Hi Daniel,

I will open with I have absolutely no experience with cephadm, only
bare-metal ceph, however in my experience adding a cluster network to an
already existing cluster is as simple as adding the following line to the
ceph.conf file on each node within the cluster:

cluster network = X.X.X.X/XX

>From there, setting the maintenance flags and doing rolling restarts of the
services on each of the nodes then gets them back up with a cluster network.
I think you can get away with only restarting the OSDs, but it's possible
the MONs might be required too.

Now, for cephadm I don't believe it uses the ceph conf file as much as a
bare-metal ceph would, so you might be able to get away with something like:

ceph config set global cluster_network X.X.X.X/XX

But perhaps someone with more experience with cephadm than myself can let us
know the better process for that.

Regards,

Bailey