Re: 16.2.10 Cephfs with CTDB, Samba running on Ubuntu

Thanks Bailey,

For the sake of separation, and because we're running Ceph in containers,
we have virtual samba guests but seem to be having some challenges around
CTDB not mounting the share if we specify a recovery lock file.  Removing
the lock file allows proper mounting.  We've tried a few things but I think
comparing a functioning samba and ctdb configuration would likely help
tremendously.  Would you be open to providing a set of your functioning
configs for comparison (IP anonymized)?.

Also, have you delved into comparative benchmarking of kernel vs vfs_ceph
by chance?  If so, any insights you could provide would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Marco