Re: CephFS MDS sizing

On Sun, Aug 28, 2022 at 12:19 PM Vladimir Brik
<vladimir.brik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello
>
> Is there a way to query or get an approximate value of an
> MDS's cache hit ratio without using "dump loads" command
> (which seems to be a relatively expensive operation) for
> monitoring and such?
Unfortunately, I'm not seeing one. What problem are you actually
trying to solve with that information? The expensive part of that
command should be dumping all the directories in cache, so a new admin
command to dump just the cache hit rate and related statistics should
be a pretty simple feature — PRs welcome! ;)
-Greg