Re: Automanage block devices

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the input.

I keep my drive group specs as generic as possible because I'm not a full-time it-manager. When for instance I add SSD's to the server, it's ok for me if ceph includes them as OSD's without the need of supplementary configuration from me. It doesn't matter what type or brand the SSD's are.

> BTW: It is quite unusual mapping RBDs on OSD nodes. Do you run a
> hypercoverged setup?

I know, it is unusual. That's why I find it strange this is standard ceph behavior. Etienne Menguy has pointed me to a github pull that should be in my version of ceph (thanks btw Etienne). I left a message on the pull request asking if the commit was canceled.
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/44604

For now, I'm waiting for an answer.