Re: OSDs crush - Since Pacific

On 8/30/22 09:51, Wissem MIMOUNA wrote:
Hi Stefan,

We don’t have automatic conversion going on , and the « bluestore_fsck_quick_fix_on_mount » is not set .

So we did an offline compaction as suggested but this didn’t fix the problem os osd crush .

In the meantime we are rebuilding all OSDs on the cluster and it seems it improve the cluster overall performance and has removed the slow ops , so far …

But still I can’t figure out why same OSDs may still encounter random crush . Here below the last log from a crashed OSD :

We avoided Ceph on Ubuntu Bionic because of this bug [1] (glibc bug caused deadlock in openvswitch). This might be completely unrelated to the issue you are hitting, but maybe not. If you can consistently reproduce this issue on a host, it might be worth to see if comment in #15 [2] fixes the issue for you.

Gr. Stefan

[1]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openvswitch/+bug/1839592
[2]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openvswitch/+bug/1839592/comments/15