Ceph User Survey 2022 - Comments on the Documentation

The following are comments about the Ceph documentation, and were provided
by respondents to the 2022 Ceph User Survey:

"missing a tuning guide"

"Documentation is very lacking for those trying to start using Ceph."

"correct documentation, not the mix of out-dated and correct descriptions
and examples"

"Better documentation on how to troubleshoot Grafana within the dashboard."

"Better documentation, more detail, better descriptions of best practices."

"The features are great, the documentation is not."

"Poor documentation"

"Better ceph orch documentation"

"better admin focused documentation (tuning guides, problem solving)"

"Better process/documentation for recovering a failed OSD node, when using
Cephadmin docker"

"Documentation needs more improvement as understanding on implementing this
service is confusing If you can please send any links or better
documentation on how to implement it using kafka as endpoint that would be
great"

I have provided these comments here for future reference (my own reference,
I admit, is what I am thinking of as I address these comments over the
coming months). I would not discourage discussion of these.

Zac Dover
Upstream Documentation
Ceph Foundation