Re: Upgrade from Octopus to Pacific cannot get monitor to join

Currently, all of the nodes are running in docker. The only way to upgrade is to redeploy with docker (ceph orch daemon redeploy), which is essentially making a new monitor. Am I missing something?

Is there some prep work I could/should be doing?

I want to do a staggered upgrade as noted here (https://docs.ceph.com/en/pacific/cephadm/upgrade/). That says for a staggered upgrade the order is mgr -> mon, etc. But that was not working for me because it said the --daemon-types was not supported.

Basically I'm confused on what is the 'proper' way to upgrade then. There isn't any way that I see to upgrade the 'code' they are running because it's all in docker containers. But maybe I'm missing something obvious

Thanks