ethernet bond mac address collision after Ubuntu upgrade

Hi,

just a heads up for others using Ubuntu and both ethernet bonding and
image cloning when provisioning ceph servers: mac address selection for
bond interfaces was changed to only depend on /etc/machine-id. Having
several machines sharing the same /etc/machine-id then wreaks havoc.

I encountered this when upgrading a test cluster where nodes had started
on 16.04. After upgrading to 22.04, all 3 mons used the same mac address
on the bond interface, ruining all cluster communication as the switch
got confused about which port to send packages to.

I found an article where someone encountered this already on 18.04
(using netplan for interface config):

    https://askubuntu.com/questions/1147107/ubuntu-18-04-bond-with-netplan-duplicate-mac-address-after-cloning

All nodes in my test cluster still use /etc/netwwork/interfaces, and
this only happened after upgrading to 22.04.

To create new machine-id files, I used these commands:

    dbus-uuidgen >/var/lib/dbus/machine-id; rm /etc/machine-id ; systemd-machine-id-setup

    reboot

this creates both a new dbus uuid and a new machine-id (systemd just
copies the dbus uuid).

Regards
Matthias