Re: replacing OSD nodes

Den ons 20 juli 2022 kl 11:22 skrev Jesper Lykkegaard Karlsen <jelka@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Thanks for you answer Janne.
> Yes, I am also running "ceph osd reweight" on the "nearfull" osds, once they get too close for comfort.
>
> But I just though a continuous prioritization of rebalancing PGs, could make this process more smooth, with less/no need for handheld operations.

You are absolutely right there, just wanted to chip in with my
experiences of "it nags at me but it will still work out" so other
people finding these mails later on can feel a bit relieved at knowing
that a few toofull warnings aren't a major disaster and that it
sometimes happens, because ceph looks for all possible moves, even
those who will run late in the rebalancing.