Re: Quincy recovery load

Hi Chris,

While we look into this, I have a couple of questions:

1. Did the recovery rate stay at 1 object/sec throughout? In our tests we
have seen that
    the rate is higher during the starting phase of recovery and eventually
tapers off due
    to throttling by mclock.

2. Can you try speeding up the recovery by changing to "high_recovery_ops"
profile on
    all the OSDs to see if it improves things (both CPU load and recovery
rate)?

3. On the OSDs that showed high CPU usage, can you run the following
command and
    revert back? This just dumps the mclock settings on the OSDs.

    sudo ceph daemon osd.N config show | grep osd_mclock

I will update the tracker with these questions as well so that the
discussion can
continue there.

Thanks,
-Sridhar