Re: MDS_CLIENT_LATE_RELEASE: 1 clients failing to respond to capability release

Hi

FYI we are running 16.2.7 as well and have the same problem several times a day/week. The way we fix this is by looking in the mds-logs. The inode(s) for the file(s) in question is usually referenced in the mds-logs (hex notation). We search for the inode with the following command:

find /mnt/cephfs -inum `printf "%d" 0x10024834b1e`

If the find command comes back with a file we rename the file to something different, wait a few secs and the usually that clears  ceph status, afterwards we rename the file back to its original filename. Sometimes just running the find-command clears the status as well. Or just waiting a few hours also clears the error.

We have tried tuning some values relating to mds cache trimming according to this article https://www.suse.com/support/kb/doc/?id=000019740 but to no avail...

This bug is quite annoying and any input on how to prevent/minimize this issue would be very welcome.

-- thomas