Refill snaptrim queue after triggering bug #54396

Hello all,

I triggered the bug at https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/54396 some months
ago. Been looking ever since for a way to reclaim space that is stuck in
use.

Updated to and running currently ceph 17.2.0. I have already tried
adding/removing snapshots to trigger refresh. Repeering all pg's.
Restarting all OSD's and hosts several times.

Is there any way to make the snaptrim queue fill again, to be able to
reclaim the space ?

Or can anyone confirm if it's actually NOT possible ? So I can at least
start making plans for having to destroy & recreate the pool. The pool is
rather big one so I would prefer to not have to recreate it unless strictly
necessary.