Re: librbd leaks memory on crushmap updates

Hey Peter,

> I found relatively large allocations in the qemu smaps and checked the contents. It contained several hundred repetitions of osd and pool names. We use the default builds on Ubuntu 20.04. Is there a special memory allocator in place that might not clean up properly?

I'm sure you would have noticed this and mentioned it if it was so -
any chance the contents of these regions look like log messages of
some kind? I recently tracked down a high client memory usage that
looked like a leak that turned out to be a broken config option
resulting in higher in-memory log retention:
https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/56093. AFAICT it affects Nautilus+.

Josh