Re: Feedback/questions regarding cephfs-mirror

Hi Greg,

On 10.06.22 19:19, Gregory Farnum wrote:
On Wed, Jun 8, 2022 at 12:36 AM Andreas Teuchert
<a.teuchert@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[...]

Are there any plans for changes that would solve some of those issues
listed above?

Unfortunately not at this time. Cephfs-mirror was developed for Red
Hat plans which have since changed, and we're not sure when it will
come up again — the team wants to make some more comprehensive
underlying changes to CephFS that make this scenario work better in
general (faster rollback to snapshot points, etc) before we improve
our custom mirroring.

I've added Venky (who wrote most of the mirror daemon) to check if
there's anything you've missed in your points, or small tweaks which
did make it in.

I would be happy to create tickets in Tracker in case that is helpful.

Tickets would be good for future reference, even if we won't be taking
any actions on them in the near future. :)
-Greg

Thank you for your reply. That information helps us a lot with our planning.

I will create tickets as soon as my Tracker account has been approved.

Best regards,

Andreas