Strange drops in ceph_pool_bytes_used metric

Hi,

We recently noticed that the `ceph_pool_bytes_used` metric was dropping from
time to time to the level of the `ceph_pool_stored` metric, before going back
to its true value (i.e. slightly more than the `ceph_pool_stored_raw` metric).
See the attached `ceph-pool-usage.png` graph to see what I mean.

Has anyone else observed this behavior?

Note that this isn't just showing up in metrics, the output of `ceph df` also
contains the discrepancy. In fact, as I'm writing this I'm realizing that when
it happens, it seems to affect all the pools in the cluster at the same time.
See attached `ceph-pool-usage-ratio.png`; it shows that all pools had the
expected ratio (3 for replicated, 1.5 for erasure coded), until suddenly all
ratios dropped to 1, meaning that `ceph_pool_bytes_used` became equal to
`ceph_pool_stored`.

Cheers,

--
Ben