Re: Slow delete speed through the s3 API

Read/writes are super fast. It's only deletes that are incredibly slow, both through the s3 api and radosgw commands. It doesn't have a lot of index shards with 11 and it basically has one bucket with huge objects. We're trying to store backups in there, essentially. New backups write themselves about 100 times faster than old backups can be deleted.