"Pending Backport" without "Backports" field

Hi everyone,

hope this is the right place to raise this issue.

I stumbled upon a tracker issue [1] that has been stuck in state
"Pending Backport" for 11 months, without even a single backport issue
created - unusually long in my (limited) experience.

Upon investigation, I found that according to the Tracker workflow [2],
an issue that is pending backport should have its Backport field filled
to be processed by the Backports team. This particular ticket doesn't
have that field set. So presumably, that's why nobody created backport
tickets.

A quick search turns up 24 other tickets [3] that are pending backport
but didn't specify, whereto the backports should happen. Is there
someone who could "sweep up" such tickets regularly? Or am I
misunderstanding the process?

Thanks for the great work,
Jan-Philipp

[1]: https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/45457
[2]:
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/master/SubmittingPatches-backports.rst#tracker-workflow
[3]:
https://tracker.ceph.com/projects/ceph/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&set_filter=1&f[]=status_id&op[status_id]=%3D&v[status_id][]=14&f[]=cf_2&op[cf_2]=!*

PS: Apparently all ceph mailing lists silently drop mails from
non-subscribers? Was this always the case?