Re: Best way to change disk in controller disk without affect cluster

First question:  why do you want to do this?

There are some deployment scenarios in which moving the drives will Just Work, and others in which it won’t.  If you try, I suggest shutting the system down all the way, exchanging just two drives, then powering back on — and see if all is well before doing all.

On which Ceph release were these OSDs deployed? Containerized? Are you using ceph-disk or ceph-volume? LVM?  Colocated journal/DB/WAL, or on a seperate device?

Try `ls -l /var/lib/ceph/someosd` or whatever you have, look for symlinks that reference device paths that may be stale if drives are swapped.