Re: Migration Nautilus to Pacifi : Very high latencies (EC profile)

Hi Stéphane,

On Sat, May 14, 2022 at 4:27 AM stéphane chalansonnet
<schalans@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> After a successful update from Nautilus to Pacific on Centos8.5, we
> observed some high latencies on our cluster.

As a part of this upgrade, did you also migrate the OSDs to sharded
rocksdb column families? This would have been done by setting
bluestore's "quick fix on mount" setting to true or by issuing a
"ceph-bluestore-tool repair" offline, perhaps in response to a
BLUESTORE_NO_PER_POOL_OMAP warning post-upgrade.

I ask because I'm wondering if you're hitting
https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/55324, for which there is a fix coming
in 16.2.8. If you inspect the nodes and disks involved in your EC
pool, are you seeing high read or write I/O? High CPU usage?

Josh