Re: Is osd_scrub_auto_repair dangerous?

Den mån 9 maj 2022 kl 21:04 skrev Vladimir Brik
<vladimir.brik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hello
> Does osd_scrub_auto_repair default to false because it's
> dangerous? I assume `ceph pg repair` is also dangerous then?
>
> In what kinds of situations do they cause problems?

With filestore, there were less (or no?) checksums, so the cluster
might not always have an idea which replica was correct if they
differ, so auto-repair on those would in theory copy the error around
in the worst case. For bluestore there are checksums, so the chances
of your cluster detecting an error somewhere, while one or more of the
replicas have another undetectable error that still gives a correct
checksum so that this error gets copied around feels somewhat less
likely.