Re: Importance of CEPHADM_CHECK_KERNEL_VERSION

I have had plenty of cases in the past where older kernels have presented
issues so having observability into differences can be important, but also
its common to end up with multiple different distribution releases on the
same clusters, so that warning would be annoying in that case.

I would suggest disabling that warning over downgrading your hosts.

On Thu, May 5, 2022 at 1:01 AM E Taka <0etaka0@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> how important is it to use the same Linux kernel version on all Hosts?
> Background is, that new  hosts are installed with the actual Ubuntu server
> 22.04 while the older ones run with Ubuntu 20.04.
>
> In other words: may I disable this check:
>  ceph cephadm config-check disable kernel_version
>
> Or should I downgrade the new hosts (upgrading all old hosts would be much
> more work since do-release-upgrade is not available yet)?
>
> Thanks, Erich

Tyler Brekke
Senior Engineer I
tbrekke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx