Re: Unbalanced Cluster

Hey Dave,

> Hmm, that's interesting, adding up the first column except the 4611
> gives 256 but there are 512 PGs in the main data pool.

Could you validate that the data distribution makes sense here by
inspecting the output and ensuring that the correct PGs have data on
them, and why you're only seeing 256 with data? This is sounding
suspicious and could easily trip up the balancer, I think.

> The fsdata was originally created with very safe erasure coding that
> wasted too much space, then the fsdatak7m2 was created and everything
> was migrated to it.  This is why there's at least 4096 pgs with 0 bytes.

Ah, OK, that explains part of the data/PG skew that is apparent at the
`ceph osd df tree` level.

Josh