Re: Ceph PGs stuck inactive after rebuild node

You have 2 or 4 osd/disk?

Istvan Szabo
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Agoda Services Co., Ltd.
e: istvan.szabo@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:istvan.szabo@xxxxxxxxx>

On 2022. May 2., at 15:59, Eugen Block <eblock@xxxxxx> wrote:

Email received from the internet. If in doubt, don't click any link nor open any attachment !
________________________________

Just to update this thread, apparently you were right, we did hit the
limit of mon_max_pg_per_osd * osd_max_pg_per_osd_hard_ratio (250 * 3 =
750), this was found in the logs:

2022-04-06 14:24:55.256 7f8bb5a0e700  1 osd.8 43377
maybe_wait_for_max_pg withhold creation of pg 75.56s16: 750 >= 750

This message first came up for the last up OSD on that host after all
other OSDs were purged and then again for the first up after the
rebuild. I'm currently playing around with the osdmaptool, I have a
feeling that this could also be an issue in newer releases, but that
is just speculation at the moment.
As a workaround we'll increase osd_max_pg_per_osd_hard_ratio to 5 and
see how the next attempt will go.

Thanks,
Eugen