Re: Ceph mon issues

On 4/19/22 20:48, Ilhaan Rasheed wrote:
Hello Ceph users,

I have two issues affecting mon nodes in my ceph cluster.

1) mon store keeps growing
store.db directory (/var/lib/ceph/mon/ceph-v60/store.db/) has grown by
almost 20G the last two days. I've been clearing up space in /var and grew
/var a few times. I have compacted the mon store using ceph-monstore-tool a
few times as well, but after a few hours of running ceph-mon, /var becomes
full and I see that store.db is a bigger size than before.
ceph-monstore-tool compact doesn't show any clearing errors.

What is the status of your ceph cluster? Do you have any PGs in a degraded state? If so, the monitors need to keep track of these state changes and starts to grow. It will clean up unnecessary log info after all PGs get active+clean again.

2) mon ceph_assert_fail
One of my three mon nodes fails to start and shows the following in logs. I
have tried injecting a monmap from mon node and still seeing the same.

You are running 15.2.6. You might hit a bug that has been fixed in 15.2..16. Maybe first rebuild the failed monitor.

Gr. Stefan