config/mgr/mgr/dashboard/GRAFANA_API_URL vs fqdn

Hello,

I have tried to find the solution, or, the expected way of use
in the doc and searching, but I give up. Help!

(search friendly) Summary:
How to force ceph orchestration / cephadm to use full hostnames in the
dashboard URLs?

Details:
There is dashboard in the manager, all handled by cephadm and ceph orch
through podman, I can't complain, dashboard web UI looks nice.

The hosts do have their short name as hostname and they also possess
FQDNs to be accessible from "outside". That's according to the doc.

However when mgr/dashboard starts to wander (change the active mgr)
then the system tries (and fails) to set its internal URLs. In fact, it
uses short hostnames, resulting URLs like
https://foobar:8443 or
https://foobar:3000
which both fail since bare hostname will not resolve on _other_
machines trying to access the dashboard. They can access fine
https://foobar.example.com:8443/ but the dashboard links to grafana and
various other internal URLs with the wrong URL and these will not be
reasolvable.

The problems are
    "config/mgr/mgr/dashboard/ALERTMANAGER_API_HOST"
    "config/mgr/mgr/dashboard/PROMETHEUS_API_HOST"
    "config/mgr/mgr/dashboard/GRAFANA_API_URL"
which seems to be set automagically but using the wrong magic.

I have found no settings to be able to tell the Orch that it should use
fqdn, or any way to tell it what are the preferred hostname of the
nodes.

How was this supposed to be used?

Thanks!
Peter