RGW limiting requests/sec

Hello. I have a Ceph cluster (using Nautilus) in a lab environment on a smaller scale than the production environment. We had some problems with timeouts in production, so I started doing some benchmarking tests in this lab environment. The problem is that the performance of RGW (with beast) is very low, I'm only getting around 600 requests/s using "wrk" making HEAD requests.

The size of the RGWs VMs are the same in both lab and production.

Do you have any idea what could be causing this limit? I tried to increase the rgw thread pool size but all it did was decrease the number of requests/sec.

My rgw client configuration:
[client.rgw.ceph-rgw-1.rgw0]
host = ceph-rgw-1
keyring = /var/lib/ceph/radosgw/ceph-rgw.ceph-rgw-1.rgw0/keyring
log_to_file = true
log file = /var/log/ceph/ceph-rgw-ceph-rgw-1.rgw0.log
rgw frontends = beast endpoint=10.79.35.245:8080

Another test I did was to switch to civitweb, and the number of requests/sec increased to 1800, which I found strange because I thought beast would be more efficient.

To discard network problem, I started an nginx, and in that I managed to reach 160000 requests/sec.

Am I missing something here?

Thank you very much,
Marcelo.

"Essa mensagem do SERVIÇO FEDERAL DE PROCESSAMENTO DE DADOS (SERPRO), empresa pública federal regida pelo disposto na Lei Federal nº 5.615, é enviada exclusivamente ao destinatário informado e pode conter dados pessoais, protegidos pela Lei Geral de Proteção de Dados (Lei 13.709/2018), assim como informações confidenciais, protegidas por sigilo profissional. O SERPRO ressalta seu comprometimento em assegurar a segurança e a proteção das informações contidas neste e-mail e informa que a sua utilização desautorizada é ilegal e sujeita o infrator às penas da lei. Se você o recebeu indevidamente, queira, por gentileza, reenviá-lo ao emitente, esclarecendo o equívoco."
"This message from SERVIÇO FEDERAL DE PROCESSAMENTO DE DADOS (SERPRO) - a government company established under Brazilian law (5.615/70) - is directed exclusively to its addressee and may contain personal data protected by the General Data Protection Law (13.709/2018) as well as confidencial data, protected under professional secrecy rules. SERPRO highlights its commitment to ensuring the security and protection of the information contained in this email and its unauthorized use is illegal and may subject the transgressor to the law´s penalties. If you´re not the addressee, please send it back, elucidating the failure."