Re: Monitor doesn't start anymore...

Hi Stefan,

thanks for the hint. Yes, the mon store is owned by user ceph. It's a
normal folder under /var/lib/ceph/mon/... and there are various files in
there - all with owner ceph:ceph. Looks normal to me (like on the other
nodes).
I've read the docs you provided and I wonder which of those steps are
actually necessary because I obviously have many of those things already
in place.
I guess the most important part is step 15, right?

ceph-mon --mkfs -i stage2 --monmap /tmp/monmap --keyring
/tmp/ceph.mon.keyring

So I would completely delete the /var/lib/ceph/mon/ceph-stage2 folder
and recreate it as empty, because the files in there have probably
become corrupted, correct?
Then I would run the above command and it would initialize a new monitor
automatically in that folder by default? I don't have to specify the
exact path on the command-line - it is automatically determined by the
-i argument, right? So, I only need the keyring  and the monmap. How do
I get the monmap? I tried to run:

ceph-mon -i stage2 --extract-monmap /tmp/monmap

And I get some binary stuff written to /tmp/monmap. Is that a decent
monmap?
Is there also a way to extract the keyring? There's a keyring file in
/var/lib/ceph/mon/ceph-stage2. Can I just use that one?

Thank you / BR
Ranjan