RGW Multisite and cross zonegroup replication

My company is proving out RGW Multisite (after a lot pre STS work) and we are trying out different topologies for a couple of different use cases.

One of the things we are trying to do is replicate across one of our setups which involves a multi zonegroup setup.

realm -> master

  zonegroup -> us-site-1

    zone -> us-site-1a

  zonegroup -> us-site-2

    zone -> us-site-2a

  zonegroup -> us-site-3

    zone -> us-site-3a

We have successfully be able to create this topology and verify that metadata is syncing across the different zones.

When we try and setup a simple symmetrical replication scheme following the multisite docs we get the below error. If I do a radosgw-admin zonegroups list and radosgw-admin zonegroup get I can see all the zones.

I have done some searching and I can not find any good results on setting up cross zonegroup replication. Is this even possible?

Thanks!

[root@ceph1dev01 ~]# radosgw-admin sync group flow create \

>     --group-id=group1 \

>     --flow-id=flow-mirror \

>     --flow-type=symmetrical \

>     --zones=us-site-1a,us-site-2a

WARNING: cannot find source zone id for name=us-site-2a

WARNING: cannot find zone name for id=us-site-2a

--

Mark Selby

Sr Linux Administrator, The Voleon Group

mselby@xxxxxxxxxx

 This email is subject to important conditions and disclosures that are listed on this web page: https://voleon.com/disclaimer/.